Tuesday, July 28, 2015

The Weed Quilt

Lol.  Funny name for a quilt huh? Lol.  My kids named it that because one of the prints looks like it has weed on it. It doesn't. I think it's a type of fern maybe? Lol. Well I bought all of the green (other than the border) at a garage sale. I had to have a major surgery last year and had all of this fabric cut before hand but not pieced together yet. Since I couldn't get up and move around I hand pieced all of these blocks together. I don't think I will be doing that again. It was nice at the time because I felt like I was being productive. I ended up sewing on the border after I was all healed up. I quilted it on my gracie frame and gifted it to my lovely mother in law. It it's definitely a one of a kind. This was my first attempt also at using tissue paper to transfer a design. It worked out alright but I don't think I'll be doing that again. I did not like picking all of those tiny pieces of tissue paper off of my quilt. The pattern turned out ok though. 😉 I can't say I hate this quilt. It was quite a journey making it. I will always remember what I was going through when I see it. Do you have projects that you feel the same about? Almost all of my projects bring me memories of something. It's like looking through a scrapbook but not at pictures. Only quilts. 💕

No comments:

Post a Comment