Saturday, October 17, 2015

APQS Lucey longarm!

Say hello to my new best friend! I've  renamed her Lucille! I've been debating whether or not to buy a LA for a while now. I knew I was going to have to take out a loan for her. I finally bit the bullet and went for it! I couldn't be happier! I loaded up some cheap muslin and practiced for a week and now I finally have a real quilt on her. I owned (actually still own) a midarm but it just wasn't that great. Cheap. I bought it and the machine used for $900. You definitely get what you pay for. I can't believe the difference in the two setups.

I am quilting a few gift quilts on her first and then I will be doing customer quilting.  I'm  slowly going to build a longarm business. What do you think about 'Not Sew Perfect' for a name? I'm still thinking about that part. I'm really wanting something with Sew and Perfect in the title. Anyways, I Know it's been a while since I've put anything on here. I've had 'sew' much going on. 😊  Enjoy the photos!

2 comments:

  1. I am thinking of selling my 2004 Classic that I've had nothing but trouble with for quite some time and am looking at the Lucey. Are you still loving it?! Had n issues? The stitch quality looks amazing! Any input you have would be fantastic! Thank you!
    Kim King in TX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my Lucey! I have not had any issues other than operator error! lol It was easy to just pick up and go after setting her up. I thought it was going to be very complicated but it wasn't at all. The stitches always look really good too. Sometimes I do have to mess with the tension depending on the type of thread I'm using. She loves Omni Thread by Superior Thread company. The thread never breaks every time I use it. It's awesome! I also bought the bliss table with it. It is so smooth! You will not be sorry if you purchase it. I promise!

      Delete